All visitors to Callide Mine are required to complete an induction before visiting the site. To save time on arrival please complete the online induction. If you are unable to complete the visitor induction online please allow sufficient time (Approx 20 min) when arriving on site.
Please print your induction slip. Please ensure you have an appointment with person you wish to visit prior to coming to site.
Each time you visit site as a visitor you will be required to select a marble from a bag. If you select the red marble you will be required to undertake a drug test. Please allow sufficient time for you arrival on site.
Mobile Phones and Electronic Devices
As of 04 June 2021, a change will be introduced regarding possession of Mobile Phones and Electronic Devices whilst at Callide mine.
• Mobile phones are NOT to be used when operating Light Vehicles unless they are operated through a hands-free system fitted to the vehicle when outside an active mining operational area.
• When mobile phone calls are to be made or received using the hands-free system inside active mining operational areas, the Light Vehicle must be parked in a safe location and able to respond to a call on the mine site radio if required.
Medium and Heavy Mobile Equipment
• Where electronic devices are used for playing music, the volume is to be kept to a level where the mine site radio can still be heard and understood.
• Mobile phones (speaking and texting) are not to be used while operating mobile plant.
• Where a mobile phone is being used as a music player while operating mobile equipment, it must be switched to “flight mode” so that it is not sending or receiving text/data or receiving phone calls.
Fixed Plant & Draglines
• Mobile phones are not to be used when operating or adjusting operating fixed plant unless the mobile phone is being used for communications necessary to make the plant adjustments.
• Mobile phones are not to be used while walking around operating fixed plant. The person making or receiving a phone call must stand in a safe place while using the mobile phone.
• Watching of video images on electronic devices is strictly not permitted at any time while operating any vehicle or equipment.
• Under no circumstances are phones to be used to take photographs unless approval is provided by the Department Manager and/or SSE.
• Batchfire employees, contractors, and visitors have obligations to comply with the mine’s Safety and Health Management System and are required to comply with this policy while on the mine site.
• Breaches of this policy will result in disciplinary actions being taken, up to and including dismissal or removal from site.
The company may utilise a mobile phone detector at various times to detect breaches of the mobile phone policy.
Thank you for your attention and compliance with this requirement.